Sweet Potato Smoothie
A sweet potato smoothie is made from sweet potatoes which are starchy vegetables (root vegetables) that are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Unsurprisingly, sweet potatoes are a staple for people looking for a complex carbohydrate that is nutritious and delicious.
Sweet potatoes are not only a staple but a favorites when the weather starts to get cold which is not surprising since a potato is a comfort go to. Plus even if the potatoes are stuffed, mashed, roasted or fried, you can't go wrong because they always end up delicious, nutritious and satisfying.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, they are rich in antioxidants that protect your body from free radicals and the high fiber and antioxidants in sweet potatoes are advantageous to gut health.
Sweet potatoes are very easy to add to your diet. They can be enjoyed with or without the skin and can be baked, boiled, roasted, fried, steamed, or pan-cooked. Their natural sweetness pairs well with many different seasonings, and they can be enjoyed in both savory and sweet dishes. sliced, and baked or fried.
Additional ways include to enjoy sweet potato include:
- As a crispy healthy snack
- Add to sandwiches
- Sweet potato pancakes
- Sweet potato salad
- Grilled sweet potato
- Sweet potato fries
- Salad toppings
- Sweet potato smoothie
Because of its nutritious properties, sweet potatoes are gaining popularity as a main ingredient in smoothies, so check out this sweet potato recipe.
Sweet Potato Smoothie and Weight Loss
if your goal is weight loss and depending on how you enjoy them, they can help you lose or maintain weight by keeping you feeling full for longer.
Qualities of sweet potatoes that support weight are:
They contain complex carbs. Complex carbs pack more nutrients than simple and refined carbs unlike those found in white bread or table sugar.
Promotes fullness. Sweet potatoes keep you feeling fuller for longer, thanks to their high fiber content and a sweet potato smoothie is more filling and yummy. You may feel like eating less food. And that’s why foods rich in soluble fiber, like sweet potatoes, are helpful for weight management.
Weight loss. Weight loss results from a calorie deficit. It occurs when you consume eat fewer calories than you expend or use. By promoting fullness, sweet potatoes may help you eat fewer calories
Sweet Potato Smoothie
It may sound odd, but sweet potatoes make great fiber-rich breakfast smoothies! Activate your digestive tract with a tall glass of this mix.
There’s over 18g of protein, 7g fiber and 9g of heart healthy fats making it a perfect breakfast
This sweet potato smoothie calls for only a few simple ingredients that you probably have already in your cupboard.
This isn’t just a regular smoothie recipe but rather a very impressive nutritional profile.
Sweet Potato Smoothie ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (Almond milk or any milk): feel free to use any milk you’d like in my smoothie recipes according to your preferences. Almond milk tends to have a neutral taste in smoothies, coconut milk will add a more tropical and creamier flavor, and regular milk will add a boost of protein.
- 1 cup boiled sweet potato, peeled (Frozen, cooked sweet potato: this recipe calls for frozen cooked sweet potato, which can be found in the frozen veggie section of your grocery store. If you can’t find sweet potato, feel free to use butternut squash — it’s just as delicious!
- 1 ripe banana, peeled or frozen banana: using frozen fruit it best in smoothies and banana helps to sweeten this.
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder (spices): don’t forget the cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves to help bring out that spiced sweet potato pie flavor!
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (nut butter): either pecan butter or almond butter will work well in this recipe to create that nice, toasty flavor.
- (Optional) vanilla: a hint of vanilla is always recommended if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
What Does a Sweet Potato Smoothie Taste Like?
YUMMY! A sweet potato smoothie could also taste like pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie. It’s creamy, slightly sweet, has toasty flavor thanks to almond or pecan butter and a hint of spice from cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Too good.
How to Prep for a Sweet Potato Smoothie
When you make a sweet potato smoothie, it’s best to use cooked sweet potato, and if you cannot, frozen will do.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and begin to mix at high speed.
- Continue until smooth.
- Serve this immediately with a few cubes of ice and topped with an extra pinch of powdered cinnamon!
Shop for your Moringa Superfood powder here